In accordance with Section 4 of the corporation’s bylaws, IFA members are invited to the Annual Members Meeting to be on the 15th October 2019.
To maximise the participation of members around the world the IFA Board of Directors are inviting you to the first virtual annual members meeting and encourage your participation.
It is very important that members register for the meeting in advance and may need to download the ‘zoom software’. Should you have any questions please contact Dr Jane Barratt firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Welcome, apologies and approval of the agenda
- Approval of the Minutes of Annual Meeting (6 December 2018)
- President Report
- Presentation of Audited Financial Statement
- Report from the Chair, Nominating Committee
- Date of next Annual Meeting
This is the third progress update covering the period June and July 2019 on the process for developing the Decade of Healthy Ageing (2020 – 2030) aligned to Agenda 2030 and its Sustainable Development Goals.
This update focuses on:
- Growing global and regional political commitments on ageing;
- Launch of a public online consultation on the Zero Draft proposal for theDecade on a new Platform placed on World Health Organization’s (WHO) website; and
- The first consultations that took place on the proposal with Member States, as well as other stakeholders including United Nations (UN) agencies and multilateral organizations, and civil society.
View the newsletter here.
The IFA Nominating Committee is welcoming expressions of interests from IFA members to be considered for the slate of candidates toward election by the full members to the Board of Directors.
- Nominations to the Board must be in writing (letter, fax or e-mail) and addressed to the Chair, Nominating Committee, c/o Secretary-General, 1 Bridgepoint Drive, Suite G.238, Toronto ON, M4M 2B5 – Canada
- All correspondence concerning nominations is confidential. The slate of nominees will be circulated to full members for voting purposes with the announcements made at the Annual Meeting scheduled for the 15 August 2017 in Toronto, Canada.
- Full members in good standing (under the Corporation’s By-Laws) can make nominations and stand for election.
- The nomination process includes a formal statement of candidacy which is accepted by the Secretary General on behalf of the Nominating Committee. Details of the process and necessary documentation are on the IFA website or can be obtained directly from the Secretary General.
Information related to the Board and Directors
- The working language of the Board of Directors is English, with papers in English and meetings conducted in English.
- The IFA is not in a position nor is it a policy to reimburse travel and accommodation costs of Directors.
- The IFA Board of Directors normally meets twice per year with one virtual and one face to face meeting.
- Directors are expected to make an active contribution to the work of the IFA between meetings and attend at least one meeting per year.
- For more information about the role of Directors or practical information about involvement, please contact the Secretary-General. The IFA welcomes informal enquiries regarding the nomination process.
- Final closing date for all the relevant information to be received is 27 August 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
For full nomination process, and statement of candidacy requirements, please click here