2017 Nominations to the Board of Directors
The IFA Nominating Committee is welcoming expressions of interests from IFA members to be considered for the slate of candidates toward election by the full members to the Board of Directors.
- Nominations to the Board must be in writing (letter, fax or e-mail) and addressed to the Chair, Nominating Committee, c/o Secretary-General, 351 Christie St, Toronto ON, M6G 3C3 – Canada
- All correspondence concerning nominations is confidential. The slate of nominees will be circulated to full members for voting purposes with the announcements made at the Annual Meeting scheduled for the 15 August 2017 in Toronto, Canada.
- Full members in good standing (under the Corporation’s By-Laws) can make nominations and stand for election.
- The nomination process includes a formal statement of candidacy which is accepted by the Secretary General on behalf of the Nominating Committee. Details of the process and necessary documentation are on the IFA website or can be obtained directly from the Secretary General.
Information related to the Board and Directors
- The working language of the Board of Directors is English, with papers in English and meetings conducted in English.
- The IFA is not in a position nor is it a policy to reimburse travel and accommodation costs of Directors.
- The IFA Board of Directors normally meets twice per year with one virtual and one face to face meeting.
- Directors are expected to make an active contribution to the work of the IFA between meetings and attend at least one meeting per year.
- For more information about the role of Directors or practical information about involvement, please contact the Secretary-General. The IFA welcomes informal enquiries regarding the nomination process.
- Final closing date for all the relevant information to be received is 23 June 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
For full nomination process, and statement of candidacy requirements, please click here